Many forms of Arthritis pain are commonly known to flare up significantly during the winter months. According to the National Arthritis Foundation, studies have shown that heat is an effective solution. Normal stiff, tense, and sore muscles can be relaxed and relieved with a little heat, so joints affected by arthritis pain are no different. While heat relaxes the muscles affected by arthritis, it also stimulates blood flow and improves circulation, helps increases range of motion, and reduces stiffness in painful joints.
There a many home healthcare supplies that use heat to treat Arthritis. For those suffering from arthritis pain, it’s important that when using heat, you follow the proper procedures to maximize results, safety and comfort.
- Always keep your heat source at a comfortable temperature. Using the heat source at a extremely high temperature can be dangerous and cause burns.
- Never apply heat for longer than 20 minutes intervals
- Use a protective cloth between your skin and the source of heat.
- Don’t apply heat to an area that has an open wound or cut.
- Consult with your physician and caregiver on the best home healthcare products that use heat for your particular arthritis pain.
If you are suffering from chronic joint and muscle pain this winter, find the right arthritis homecare products that will work best for you. A little heat can go a long way in cooling down your arthritis pain!